I saw many posts with advices how to blogging or tricks how to make your blog more popular etc.
This post will be pretty different than the other posts touching this subject.
At the beginning answer to yourself, why you are (or want) blogging.
If your goal is to have as many followers as possible or plenty of likes, this post is not for you and honestly, you can stop reading at this moment. I don’t want to lose your time and energy.
Blogging is really great tool for many things, you can incrase your writing skills and writing style, learn languages, find new friends, talk with people from around the World, discover different ideas, cultures, cuisines and more.
Blogging can be also kind of therapy or form to confront your ideas with other people (it’s not the same what discovering new ideas).
Now, I’ll try to make a list
1. Be yourself and lead your blog in your way, don’t look on likes, if you are blogging for your own satisfaction, don’t chase for applause.
It’s nice when you see, that people like your blog but in my opinion it’s better, when it’s happens naturally. I’m not saying here, that using community pool or other ways to let people know about your blog is something wrong, however I think it’s good to have distance for chasing after popularity.
2. Be honest. Don’t be afraid to write critical comment, when you feel it. Only keep in mind, that no matter is it critical comment or not, make it constructive. For example of not critical comment – you like some fellow blogger and started reading post which is very long, it’s nothing wrong to say you don’t have enough time to read it to the end.
Lack of time happens to everyone. I would like to read a lot of blogs from the bloggers who I like but I simply don’t have enough time for it. I chose to write instead of reading, because after reading post about blogging tricks I just feel to write it and it’s bit too long for the comment.
3. Show respect. If you want be respected, also respect others. Simple?
How to show respect? By reading posts of other bloggers and gives likes when you really like it. Comment as often as you can. Comments encourage more than likes and shows, that you have read the post. In oder words – treat others like you would like to be treated.
It may not gain you a lot of readers and followers but at least those who are reading your blog can be really interested of your writing.
4. Write short posts. If you want incrase numbers of readers, let yourself to write short posts time to time it allow to read it for those who doeasn’t have much time at the momment but accidently saw your post.
5. Don’t read posts of other people when you don’t want to. Don’t pretend you did read when you didn’t. It doesn’t make sense. There are some people who are interested to writing only and that is absolutelly ok. Some of them are really good in writing, some are not, some of them have a lot of followers, some other not.
6. Don’t lie to yourself. If you are not intrested with some subject, there is really small chance that you will like it later, so you don’t need to follow all who are following you.
For example how big chance is, that I will be interested of which face powder is propriate for my skin… I know that some men are using this stuff, but I’m not interested and there is nothing showing that it will change. However it’s nice when you check who gave you like, comment or following you and let them know about it.
When you like some post/s press like, it’s not hurt or take much time. Sometimes we like the post and can’t find good words for a comment, that’s ok. Sometimes we like only one post on someone’s blog, it’s fine, we don’t need to follow and other people don’t have to follow our blog even when they are reading our blog. Don’t put pressure on yourself or anyone else, just enjoy of writing, reading, blogging.
Have a good time 🙂